How to Set Up IAP Offers
How to Set Up IAP Offers
This guide outlines how to set up in-app purchase (IAP) offers within an app. These can optionally offer the IAP at a discount or with a bonus.
Before setting up IAP offers in the Fuse dashboard, you must configure in-app purchases which will be associated with the offers.
- Set up your in-app purchases within the app, following the In-App Purchases guide.
- Install and launch the app on a device (IAPs cannot be registered to the Fuse system via an Editor).
Creative assets are what will be displayed when you call for an offer in the app. These are static interstitial images. Fuse supports localization for these assets, allowing you to upload images to support multiple languages as part of a single asset bundle.
|A||Countdown timer (remaining time that offer is available)|
|C||Call to action button|
|D||Discount/bonus applied to offer|
|E||Offer price in virtual currency or real currency|
Configuring an Asset
To upload and configure a creative asset, follow these steps:
- In the upper right corner of the box with the app name, click the "CONFIGURE" button.
- In the main panel, select the "ASSETS" tab and click the "CREATIVE ASSETS" button:
- Near the bottom of the panel, click the "ADD CREATE ASSET BUNDLE" button. Where prompted, specify the asset bundle name.
- In the next pulldown, you can associate the creative asset with a language. This will ensure that the asset is targeted for devices which are set to that language. For example, if you create an entry for Japanese, any device that is set to Japanese will receive it. If an English entry exists (default), all devices will receive English content, unless the device language matches another entry.
- Next, upload your creative asset files by clicking the "ADD FILES" button. Accepted image dimensions per aspect ratio
- In the remaining fields, specify the text for the various asset elements outlined in the example above. These text elements can be independently enabled and disabled for every target.
Including IAP Offers
To include IAP offers within the app, you must add a content block to an existing zone and set targets for which users will see the offers. If you have not yet configured a custom zone, consult the Customizing Zones guide before proceeding.
The first step involves adding a content block to the appropriate zone:
- Navigate to the desired zone within the dashboard. Zones can be accessed from the app's detail panel (left) or from the main zones list (right).
- Scroll down and notice the Zone Content section pictured below. One default content block will be configured, but start by adding your own content block via the "ADD CONTENT" button.
- On the next screen, you will be presented with a series of options. Select "IAP Offer" to expand the panel for further configuration of the content block.
- For Offer Type, select whether the IAP offer will be discounted, sold with a bonus, or priced as standard.
- Enter the IAP offer name where prompted.
- Select the IAP purchase. This list should contain the IAPs that you added to the app via the steps outlined in Configuring IAPs above. When finished, click the save button.
Once you have added the content type, you need to create targets that define which users will see the content. Targets also allow you to customize the content type in detail.
- From the same panel in the dashboard, click the "ADD TARGET" button.
- Scroll down to the next panel and enter the name of the target where prompted.
- In the next subsection, optionally select a segment from the segments menu. Segments allow you define which users will be eligible to see ads in the content block. For example, the most active users (active dedicated users) or the users who spend the most on in-app purchases (whales) may be targeted with ads of higher reward. As you select different options, click the blue refresh button to see how many users qualify for the target.
- If you want to customize a segment even further, click the "ADD NEW CRITERIA" button below the criteria field and use the configuration menus to create a custom segment. These criteria will be listed in the field as you add them.
- In the OFFER DISPLAY SETTINGS section, set up the remaining details for the target. For IAP offers, this includes pricing options, start/end times, the creative asset associated with the offer, and the options to include for the creative asset.
- In the OVERALL CAPS section, set the caps for your offer. These caps determine how many times a user might see the offer per hour/day.
- Finally, ensure that the target is enabled and click the save button.
- The new target should appear in the dashboard as illustrated below. Note that targets may be sorted in priority by dragging and dropping via the re-sort handle (A). This applies when a user may be targeted multiple times in the same content block. For example, if there is one target for users in a specific country and a similar target for users who have achieved at least 50 total sessions, sorting is a means to prioritize these targets for users who meet both criteria.
Including the Content
- Return to the zone setup page and look for the content block in the right-side box — it will be labeled with IAP to indicate in-app purchase. Click the "ADD" button to add this content block to the zone.
- The content block should be inserted in the Zone Content section with various details and control options:
|A||Content block priority (see note below)|
|C||Number of active targets|
|D||Shortcut button to edit content block|
|E||Remove content block from zone|
|F||Enable or disable content block|
Content blocks may be sorted in priority by dragging and dropping via the re-sort handle (B). This applies when a user group fits into multiple content blocks, for example if two content blocks are targeted at “Active Dedicated Users.” In this instance, the targeted users will see the first content block until it caps out or runs out of fill, then they will see the second content block and so forth. Sorting content blocks can be considered as a “waterfall” of content priority within the zone.